Are you ready to save and make the switch to an Electric Vehicle?
The electric vehicle (EV) market is booming. Today, there are more than 477,000 EVs on the road in the UK and more than 790,000 plug-in hybrids (PHEVs). This growth will continue to accelerate in forthcoming years, so don’t hit the brakes and put off making the switch to EV, power through to start generating savings.
Huge savings in vehicle running costs
We do not need to remind you about the cost of living crisis, the cost of petrol and diesel is at an all-time high, with the price of a litre of diesel fast approaching £2. It now commonly costs over £100 to fill up a family car. But even with the recent increase in electricity prices, running an EV is far cheaper than fueling a petrol or diesel car – The Energy Saving Trust estimates the cost of running an EV is about ONE-THIRD of running a petrol or diesel car.
The cost of charging an EV depends on how and where you charge it. Fully charging an EV at home costs £15.10 (Based on a typical electric car’s 60kWh battery, a 200-mile range and an average cost of 28p/kWh) and outside of the home, based on Pod Rapid Chargers, it is £6-7 for a 30-minute charge (based on a 100-mile range and 23p/kWh).
As previously stated, once you make the switch to electric you will notice a massive saving. The cost to run an EV is about 9p per mile, compared to 22p per mile to fuel a petrol car, more than 2x more expensive. Think of the many other ways you could spend the extra cash, making the switch is a no-brainer – especially with the UK Government’s plans to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030 – which isn’t that far away!
Other benefits of going electric :
- Going Green to help encourage a cleaner sustainable environment as EVs produce no carbon dioxide emissions when driving.
- A better driving experience with responsive acceleration and regenerative braking improving handling, comfort, and safety.
- Lower running costs, due to lower servicing costs as there are fewer parts in an EV to fail and replace.
- Installing an at-home EV charge point permits you to have a smarter, safer, and quicker charge.
- By installing a home EV charger you can benefit from overnight home charging, which is convenient and cheaper. In Northern Ireland, Power NI offers a specialized tariff with reduced overnight rates which you can benefit from, helping to reduce your energy bills further. It usually takes around 6-8 hours to fully charge an EV at home (different types of battery sizes and EVs may vary times slightly).
EVs are the car of the future -as of June 2022, 95,512 new EVs have been registered in the UK alone this year so far – and 1 in every 9 new vehicles purchased in the UK is now an EV. This shows major growth compared to previous years – EVs are the future.
Install a home charge point with Refresh NI
There are many benefits to owning an EV, but if you have recently purchased an EV or are thinking about purchasing one – installing a home charging point is a must.
It is so much more convenient as you can charge your vehicle as and when you need and want. It also provides you with freedom and independence– and avoids the need for you to rely upon the public charging infrastructure which remains underdeveloped and in its infancy.
By installing an EV home charging point you take away any concern over needing to find an available public charging point or needing to spend time planning your journey around finding a charging station. And if you do decide that you want a home EV charger – Refresh NI is the installer to come to.
Does having an EV sound good now? I think so too.
Are you now thinking about installing a home EV charger to have ease of use and convenience? You are in the right place.
Get in contact with us today and we will get you one step closer to a safer, smarter, and greener charge.